Friday, October 19, 2012

25 Motif Challenge # 1-5

25 Motif Challenge #1 
Just finished this Christmas Angel Oct. 19,2012. I used Marilee Rockley thread size 20. I had bought this angel in 2001 at a Flea market in FL, just found it in my craftroom the other day when I was looking for more things to use for tatting. I want it to go in the 25 motif challenge as my first one but not sure how to go about it. This is all done in chains and picots.


25 Motif Challenge #2 along with the one below this one
 I did this suncatcher (my 6 year old grandson Dylan said I like your snowflake)  It may not be a snowflake but seeing that's what he saw that's what I'm calling it.   Oct. 20, 2012, used cheap size 10 thread.  Yet another idea that came from my head.  This is one side of it the pic. below is the other side, done in 3D, almost forgot that part of it.



                                                             25 Motif Challenge #3

Another suncatcher size 10 store bought.  Yes, another out of mind experance.  I haven't forgot that I'm suppose to be learning patterns,  Let's finish the other 5 projects I'm working on, yes...all tatting...lol.  Made this one, Oct. 21, 2012.  Done with cheap thread.


                                                            25 Motif Challenge #4
 This is my LasVegas showroom girl, Idea came from my head.  I used Marilee Rockley size 20 hand died thread.  Thinking of glueing this hat pin to my tatting bag?  Did this Oct. 20, 2012.


                                                        25 Motif Challenge #5
Green Christmas Mix, Lizbeth thread size 20.  Done all in one piece.  This one I played by ear, started it Oct. 21, 2012, (at night) finished Oct. 22. 

7 comments:

  1. What an awesome angel Cheryl!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://25motifchallenge.blogspot.com/2012/10/bookmark-bracelets-doilies-motifs.html

    Go to this link read the directions, then go to the bottom and leave a "comment" that you would like to join the 25 motif challenge and they will watch your blog and post your challenge pieces and even those not for the challenge. It's best if you keep track of where you are at in the challenge cuz' they have enough to do without keeping track of everyone's progress. I usually post the title of each new post with something like>> 25 Motif Challenge # 12
    (just an example)
    And then explain what it is, if it's from a pattern-and where I found the pattern(leaving a link if it's from the internet), and what thread and size it's tatted in.
    Just hoping this helps!
    Have fun!! And "good luck" on the challenge!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much for all the info. and the comment. See what an awesome teacher you are!!

      Delete
  3. that is a very pretty angel. I like the combination of tatting, beads and filigree metal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ladytats. I found it in my craftroom and figured I'd try something with tatting.

      Delete
  4. Neat suncatchers!!! :) And pins!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you teach. And thank you for fixing my mess, been on here all over the place checking out other peoples blog. This is the first time I've got have fun with it.

      Delete